Feeling blue? At odds with the world? Or just want to see some new faces? Join Burwash Ladies Group (BLG) to relax with friends old or new, and learn from a variety of Speakers.
Held on the second Wednesday of each month, BLG meetings are in Burwash Village Hall at 2.00pm for 2.15pm. We have the widest range of Speakers, informing and entertaining us with tales of the Stage, stories from the auction room, insights on Medical Detection Dogs and behind-the-scenes glimpses of the Royal Gardens. You will be warmly welcomed – and invited to join us for a sumptuous tea, with everything homemade by the Members.
We also organise trips by coach or car to places of interest. Recent visits include Sissinghurst and Chatham Dockyard. This year’s plans include visits to Battle Abbey, Brightling Down Garden and the Jerwood Gallery in Hastings.
Membership fee @ £16.00 per annum.
- July 10 – Speaker: Pam Goodall – “Grown-Up Gap Year – Solo Bike Ride Around The World”
- July 24 – Outing: Tudeley Church
- August 7 – Summer Lunch – Burwash Common Pavilion
- August 28 – Bateman’s – Afternoon Tea
- September 11 – Speaker: Pete Allen – “Crime Series on Television”
- September 25 – Outing: Medway Boat Trip and Picnic Lunch
- October 9 – Speaker: Stoney Parsons – Stained Glass Artist
- October 23 – Outing: Sheffield Park – Afternoon Tea
- November 13 – Speaker: Heather Woodward – “Scotney – A Work of Art and Nature”
- November 27 – De La Warr Pavilion – Afternoon Tea
- December 6 – Christmas Lunch
- Chair – Priscilla Rawlins 01435 882034
- Treasurer – Margot Sanderson 01435 882345
- Secretaries – Margaret Follows 01435 882869 and Caroline Huband 01435 408916
- Refreshments – Marion Tibbs 01435 882805 and Pip Walters 07979 606752