BURWASH PLAYING FIELD ASSOCIATION
(Reg. Charity No. 3051910)
Swan Meadow, Ham Lane, Burwash
Coronavirus Community Support Fund
The BPFA Committee is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a grant from The National Lottery Community Fund.
The grant will enable us to continue to maintain Swan Meadow and its facilities for the benefit of the community and the wider public. Funds are used to ensure the safety and availability of the field and premises, and are used to maintain the fabric of the building and upkeep of the grounds
The many groups within the Burwash Parish who benefit from the work of BPFA, and our supporters are:-
- residents of Burwash Parish and the wider public have access to the playing field
- children and families who use the play area and adult exercise equipment
- elderly residents who attend Movement to Music classes in the pavilion
- local beaver and cubs scout groups
- Burwash CE Primary school pupils sports day
- Burwash Cricket Club and training for youngsters
- Burwash Tennis Club include young players as well as adults
- Burwash Horticultural Society hold their annual shows in the pavilion
- Burwash Parish Council hold public meetings
- Burwash group AGMs are held in the pavilion
- Burwash Over 50’s Walking Footballers
The grant will enable us to meet our financial commitments that include insurance, utility bills, play area inspection, fire safety inspection and ground maintenance costs while we can’t fund raise due to COVID-19. COVID also means we are unable to take bookings for the pavilion or hold fund-raising events such as Burwash Fair where lots of local groups and larger organisations all come together to boost their funds and ours.
The award will go a long way towards ensuring that we can keep the playing field and its facilities to the correct standard for use by all despite COVID.
View our page.