Rother have advised the following arrangements for waste, recycling and garden waste collection this Christmas…
Click here to see the collection dates for rubbish bins over the Christmas/ New Year period.
No rubbish and recycling calendars will be sent to residents this Christmas. There will be changes to collections from 25 December to 11 January 2020. After this date collections will return to their normal collection day, the same day their rubbish and recycling has been collected on during 2019.
What is happening to my rubbish and recycling collections over Christmas?
- There are changes to collection days from 25 December (Christmas Day) to Saturday 11 January inclusive
- From Monday 13 January Collection days will return to the same days as in 2019
- As in previous years Garden waste collections are suspended from 25 December (Christmas Day) to 7 January – they will start again from 8 January 2020.
- If garden waste residents want to dispose of their real Christmas tree they may chop it up and place it in their bin but they must be able to close the lid. If it doesn’t fit in the bin then other arrangements will need to be made by the resident to dispose of their Christmas tree.
How can I find out when my collection days are?
- Residents can check their collection days and view or download a calendar at rother.gov.uk/findmynearest
- They can sign up to My Alerts to receive weekly collection reminders at rother.gov.uk/myalerts
Our bins weren’t collected when you said they should be?
- Within the two-week Christmas period bins should be left at their collection point and crews will get to them as soon as possible.
What do I do if I can’t fit my rubbish & recycling into my bins?
Residents can place additional recycling in sealed clear or white bags and place alongside the appropriate bin on their collection day
Better still, they can take excess recycling to their local ‘bring site’
They can take excess rubbish to their tip
Other useful information:
- For a reminder of what can be recycled visit rother.gov.uk select ‘Rubbish & Recycling’ and then ‘What can I put in my bin?’ http://www.rother.gov.uk/article/4966/What-can-I-put-in-my-bins